From Newbie to Uber Geek

Monday, January 30, 2006

So what is this blog about?

Okay, so this is my first real post, I’m still totally lost, figuring out how this blog thing works and what all the possibilities are. Really, I don’t have any experience in the internet world at all, of course I do USE internet on a daily basis, but I’ve never been part of it. (I do know who googlebot and slurp are by the way!)

So what is the reason of this change by making this blog then…Well, I’ll have to blame my boyfriend for that! He is the ultimate internet guru (well at least to me he is!) and for my 18th birthday he bought me (among some other really beautiful things) an internet site. He will be doing all the stuff behind the scenes, and I will be responsible for part of the marketing and the articles, so I can write about my big passion; travelling (I'll reveal the domain name when we launch it!). A really sweet and useful gift, but that means I have to get familiar with this complicated internet world, make geek friends and do stuff I couldn’t even imagine they existed, to make this site work!

And well, since I love learning and doing new things; here I go, making this blog and struggle my way in to the world wide web.

On this blog you will be kept up to date with the progress I hope I’ll be making.

From newbie to uber geek…. A long but interesting and hopefully fun way to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home